You want to see the real Cuba before things change? Well this trip is for you. For the memories it has burned into my memory it is worth every single one of the five stars, I have given it. That is though not to say there are not challenges, but memories far outweigh them.
* As the guide says there is a lot of travel. It didn't bother me, but if you don't like travel it might bother you.
* Hotel standards were average at best to western standards, but this is Cuba.
* Hotel food was poor. So head out to the private restaurants that are cropping up everywhere. The seafood can be great at times.
* Wifi availability was better than expected, but I was still without for a week. But when I had it, it was rapid.
* Beautiful Baracoa, worth every mile of the journey.
* Visiting a desert island off Trinidad, and just floating in the sea.
* Music, music everywhere.
* Walking the Sierra Maestra mountains.
* Rickahaw in Camaguey.
Last but not least the people. The Cubans were brilliant, you can't help but finish the trip wishing the future is kind to them and helps them prosper.
So to conclude yes there will be challenges, but that is part of the fun just go you will have a brilliant time.